The course introduces delegates to preparedness and response requirements for marine oil spills at ports and hydrocarbon handling facilities.
Throughout the course, delegates cover:
- Oil spill contingency plan
- Health & safety considerations in the event of a spill.
Upon completion delegates will receive an accredited certificate of competence.
- Non-operational staff who require a basic understanding of oil spill preparedness and response.
- Operational staff whose initial tier 1 response is sorbent use.
- MCA course is designed for UK operators only.
- Contingency Planning
- Spilt Oil Behaviour
- Fate and Effects
- Health and Safety
- Response Planning
- Booms and Skimmers Monitoring
- Absorbent Materials
- Shoreline Clean-up
- Dispersant Systems
- Waste Handling
- Sampling Techniques
- Environmental Consideration
COURSE LOAD: 8 HOURS